Monday, June 29, 2015

Heat Wave

We are in the middle of what is likely to be a month long heat wave. Normally June temps are in the high 70's low 80's. Its been high 90's and over 100. Today it was 106. Its causing havoc in my garden. Normally plants have the chance to establish their root systems in June so that they can grow and thrive in July and August. We usually don't get to the high 90s until end of July and we have very few days over 100. My plants haven't grown in the last 2 weeks at all. My lawn is dying because when we bought sod last year they sold us shade grass rather than the drought tolerant grass we wanted. We didn't realize this until it was too late so we put up a shade cloth today in hopes of saving our lawn. The heat has made my grumpy. Since we have an swamp cooler for most of the house, it only cools the house 20 degrees from the outside temp, which means my house has been in the mid 80's. Thank god we do have a small AC unit in the bedroom so we have been spending a lot of time in there. Blech. Miserable. I hate this state.

No comments:

Post a Comment