Saturday, September 13, 2014

Jack

Jack is my ridiculously tall, bearded viking, VW fixing, booze making husband. He is hands down my favorite person. When I met him I was pretty settled and had my life all planned out. He managed to turn that all upside down. With in a year I moved out of my Urban Homestead, moved in to a town house with almost no yard (there are reasons for this) and got married (something I was never going to do). For awhile I lost the plan and got side tracked by life. After emerging from a rather chaotic time of my life I realized that with Jack added to the mix that a whole new possibility had opened up for me... Rural Homesteading. Before Jack I would have not had the skills, muscle/manual labor, or even the companionship needed to move out to the middle of nowhere and set up house.  Jack brings his mechanical abilities, building experience, hard work and patience to the table. I bring gardening knowledge/ability, mad composting skills, creativity, imagination and drive to the table. With both of us working together we might be able to pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment