Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Town House

Right now I am about as far away from my goal as I could possibly be. I'm stuck in a town house with a postage stamp yard and due to current market conditions we may be stuck here for a few more years. My husband, who will be known as BV (Bearded Viking) from now on, bought this house in the middle of the real estate crash when everybody thought prices had reached rock bottom (they hadn't). He also got the first time home buyers tax credit which meant he had to live in it for 3 years as his primary residence. Since he is a gear head he was not interested in the yard, just the 2 car garage. He never guessed he'd meet a hard core gardener a few months later and want to spend the rest of his life with her. When the time came in to move in together we had no choice but to move into his place due to the tax credit. Also as a single family home with more equity, my place would be easier to sell. The final nail in the coffin was that it had no garage which was a deal breaker for BV. So with all that working against me I moved in to the Town House.

No comments:

Post a Comment