Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Masters Degree

The masters degree will hopefully allow me to not only increase my earning potential but is needed to land a very desirable telecommuting job which will be ideal for when we move into the middle of nowhere. Right now my profession is a fairly hands on one but with this masters degree I will qualify for jobs that can be conducted remotely. If I can stay gainfully employed with a organization that provides benefits such as health insurance* and retirement, bringing in dependable earnings while working from home on the Future Homestead it will be a huge advantage. True self sufficiency will take a long time to achieve and is truly difficult in this day and age so this will keep us going until we are truly ready. 

*As a health care professional I know how important it is to carry health insurance. Every one of us (unless we belong to the one percent) are one heath crisis away from financial ruin unless we are well insured. While we are young and healthy it is easy to put this thought from our head but I have seen time and time again people being financially ruined by illness and not being able to pay for the care that they need. In addition to a job that provides healthcare BV and I are also contributing to a health savings account that will help us pay for health care down the road as well as cover premiums for personal health insurance if we find ourselves in the position for me to quit my day job one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment